Tuesday, July 6

an email from japan.

this arrived in my inbox today...

This is Koki Sasaki of Ikeda H.S. I'm sorry for being late for sending mail to you... Now we Ikeda students and teachers are preparing for Elm Festival ( School festival on next week). Students are making each parade floats and costumes. And are practicing for class chorus.
Anyway, it will be fun to have such school events! I will send some pictures of the fes. soon!
By the way do you have any info. about your accomodation in Ikeda?
What kind of information do you want me to send?
Please reply me soon. I will help you!

Now, let me introduce myself and our school a little bit...
I'm a 23 y.o english teacher, and this is second year as a teacher.
Now I'm teaching for 3rd and 2nd graders. (the students are around 17 to 18 years old)
There are 4 english teacher in Ikeda High,other teachers are Ms. Kagami, Mr. Oikawa, and Mr. Ogitsu. We cover all generations from 50s to 20s. So It is really instructive for young teachers like me.
Totally there are about 40 teachers in here. I really enjoy teaching here. I hope you can enjoy too!
We have various kinds of subjects even in only english classes. For example Intercultural Communication, OralCommunication,Reading,Writing,English two, english for living, etc... Do you have any classes which you are in? Our students are really cheerful and gentle. They are also waiting for you.
I will send you infomations about classes and students later!

I teach intercultural communication class( 6 students) and English2
(general study). Also, Ikeda High School has three sister schools in Canada. I wish I could do more cultural exchange with them and any other countries including your country!
My students are writing about Japanese culture and their school life in their own English for you. I may send you before you leave South Africa. If you can, please read them and reply them! And we are waiting for your more information and Questions for us!


Today, I found a usuful book for ladies from foreign countries to come to Japan. It may contains useful informations to you.

{ "Being A Board in Japan" published by Alexandra Press }


Keep in touch. Koki Sasaki
Hokkaido Ikeda High School

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home